“Land buyers and investors need more than a licensed real estate professional, they need a land sales expert — one who understands the intricacies of the asset, one who has the extensive transaction-based experience, and one who can provide the right kind of guidance to achieve investment.”
Owner / Associate Broker
In 1992, Shawn Hansen earned his realtor’s licence and began working for Rural Properties Ltd (RPL). RPL was an agricultural real estate firm owned by the Highwood Livestock Market and Berrien Associates, an agricultural appraisal company. Within a short time, Shawn became the managing partner and broker for the company and has been a Land Broker in the agricultural, development, investment and transitional land sectors ever since. Shawn was the second land broker in Western Canada to achieve the Accredited Land Consultant designation from the Realtors Land Institute headquartered in Chicago Illinois.
• In 2011 Shawn became the second Land Broker in Western Canada to receive the Accredited Land Consultant designation from the Realtors Land Institute, located in Chicago Ill.
• An Auctioneer since 1981, Shawn volunteers for numerous charitable auction events.
• Serves as a Commissioner for Oaths as well as a Notary Public.
• Member of the Calgary Real Estate Board, and the Alberta and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
• Involved with the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede since 1995 (Former member, then Chair of the International Agricultural Committee, and Member of Livestock Auctioneers Committee.) He remains a shareholder and senior associate with the organization to date.
• In 2004, Stars Air Ambulance recognized Shawn for his 10-year commitment as Auctioneer for the organization’s annual Starlight Starbright fundraising evening gala.
• Member of the Auctioneers Association of Alberta, as well as the National Auctioneers Association
Press / Media
Wendy J Holloway
In 2018 Wendy J Holloway joined as our assistant and then our Broker with 11 years of experience as a Top Producer in Residential Real Estate. Her strong organizational and marketing skills have proved to be invaluable in forming our own Brokerage in October of 2018 and increasing the volume of projects that we undertake. She oversees the marketing of each project as well as managing all aspects of our team.
In 2019 we welcomed Wyatt Hansen as our newest Associate. This up-and-comer has the privilege of learning from the best by working with his dad in the Land business. He is a strong asset to our company in writing up contracts, and handling our day to day land sale inquiries.
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Austen joined our team in June 2020 as our marketing and social media coordinator. She is a strong team member and an excellent organizer of data. She has a flair for making everything look amazing with attention to detail.
Associate / Administrator
Stacey joined our office in February 2020. Her strong administrative skills are coveted by our group. Not only is she a strong communicator and extremely organized, but she is detail-oriented and keeps our team cohesive so that we continually achieve our goals. In May of 2021, Stacey completed her Rural Real Estate licensing so she can better assist the office and our clients with their needs.